Sh Dharmendra Pradhan launches #Gas4India campaign to promote Natural gas in the country, Says the country will move towards gas based economy [Energy]
- The Union Minister of State for Petroleum and Natural Gas Shri Dharmendra Pradhan has launched #Gas4India campaign, aimed at promoting the use of gas in the country.
- Public and private sector companies working in the sector have joined hands to promote the natural gas sector.
- #Gas4India is a unified cross-country, multimedia, multi-event campaign to communicate the national, social, economic and ecological benefits of using natural gas as the fuel of choice to every citizen who uses, or will use in the near future, gas in any way- cook, travel, light their homes, and power their business.
- The campaign includes social engagement via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, LinkedIn, and its official blogsite, as well as hyper local, offline events to directly connect with consumers through discussions, workshops and cultural events.
- The country is moving towards the gas-based economy, and it is working to increase the share of gas in the country’s energy basket from the present 6.5%.
- Besides the move to enhance gas production, the Government is promoting nationwide gas grid and setting up gas infrastructure.
- Government is also going to take steps to harness synthetic gas from Coal Bed Methane, and also promoting Bio-CNG and Bio-PNG. 3 New LNG terminals are also coming up. India has entered into long term contracts and acquired assets abroad to ensure unhindered supply of gas at reasonable prices.
- PNG should be taken in mission mode so that environment and health friendly fuel is available to people at the earliest. The issues of road cutting fee, Uniform Tax for PNG, provisioning of PNG infrastructure for upcoming Smart cities should be sorted out.