Six rivers flowing above danger mark in Bihar [Disaster Management]
- The Falgu river has inundated a vast area in Nalanda district while the Ganga and five other rivers are flowing above the danger mark in Bihar even as intermittent rains kept mercury down in the national capital.
- The Ganga river was flowing above danger mark at Digha ghat, Gandhi ghat and Hathidah in Patna and Kahalgaon in Bhagalpur district.
- Other rivers which were flowing above danger mark are- Sone at Maner and the Punpun at Sripalpur, while the Ghaghra remained in spate in Siwan district.
- South-West monsoon was normal in Uttar Pradesh as light to moderate thundershower occurred at a few places in the state.
- Rains kept the maximum temperature in check in Punjab and Haryana, and abated the sultry conditions prevailing for the last few days.
- Weather remained mainly dry in Rajasthan, while isolated areas received heavy to very rainfall in Jaipur and Kota divisions where Mangrol in Baran district recorded maximum of 16 cm rains.