China has world’s longest bullet train network [S&T]
- China’s high-speed railway has completed over 20,000 kms of track network in the country, becoming the world’s longest bullet train network.
- The high-speed railway links Zhengzhou in China’s central Henan Province with Xuzhou in eastern Jiangsu Province.
- With the operation of the new line, China’s high-speed railway lines have exceeded 20,000 kms in total length, the world’s longest.
- The 360-km line connects high-speed railway in the west with two major northsouth lines, helping cut travel time between the west and east.
- Travel time between Xi’an and Shanghai is cut to 6 hours from nearly 11 hours.