PM launches Mission Bhagiratha, lays stone for NTPC, fertiliser projects [Governance, Economy]
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched the Telangana government’s ambitious Mission Bhagiratha and laid the foundation stone for 1600 MW NTPC super thermal power plant to come up in Ramagundam.
- The PM also layed the foundation stone for the Fertiliiser Corporation of India’s (FCIL) fertiliser plant in Ramagundam, the Manoharabad to Kothapally railway line, and the Kaloji Narayana Rao University of Health Sciences at Warangal.
- He dedicated the 1200 MW thermal power project of Singareni Collieries Company Ltd developed in Adilabad district at an outlay of Rs. 7,000 crore.
- Mission Bhagiratha is a pet project of the Chief Minister of Telangana, taken up at an outlay of Rs. 42,000 crore.
- Apart from creating a water grid for supply drinking water to houses, it aims to rejuvenate more than 45,000 water tanks.
- The drinking water project draws water from Godavari about 250 km away, will supply water to about 66,000 people in Gajwel.
- The fertiliser plant is aimed at manufacture of ammonia and urea in two units. The plant is a venture of National Fertiilisers Ltd, Engineers India Ltd and Fertiliser Corporatiion of India.