Saudi King asks authorities to resolve foreign workers’ issues [IR]
- Saudi Arabia’s King Salman has ordered authorities to address “once and for all” the grievances of distressed foreign workers, especially Indians and the Filipinos, stranded in the Kingdom after not being paid for months.
- Govt’s Wage Protection Programme ensures workers’ salaries are fully paid.
- The King’s directives comes amid increasing complaints by workers that they have not been paid their salaries for months.
- India and the Philippines as well as their communities in the kingdom have rallied behind their compatriots at Saudi Oger by providing them food.
- Currently, a total of 7,700 affected Indian workers are living in 20 camps and the embassy is in the process of collecting information about others residing in different parts of Saudi Arabia.