5 Indian museums figure among the best 25 in Asia [Art & Culture, Prelims]
- Five Indian museums feature among the best 25 in Asia while Leh’s ‘Hall of Fame’ has topped the India list as a “must-visit” place by travellers in a survey.
- The other top four most rated museums of India are — ‘Bagore Ki Haveli’ (Udaipur); ‘Victoria Memorial Hall’ (Kolkata); ‘Salar Jung Museum’ (Hyderabad); and ‘Jaisalmer War Museum’ (Jaisalmer).
- ‘Darshan Museum’ (Pune); ‘Don Bosco Centre for Indigenous Cultures’ (Shillong); and ‘Gandhi Smriti’ (New Delhi) also figure in the top-10 list for India.
- No museums from India feature in the top 25 world list, topped by the Metropolitan Museum of Art in the New York City and followed by Art Institute of Chicago, State Hermitage Museum and Winter Palace, Musee d’Orsay, Paris and National Museum of Anthropology, Mexico.
- Museum of Qin Terra-cotta Warriors and Horse in China topped Asia list.
- Museums provide a passageway into the history and culture of a place.