Come June, Delhi will have India’s first Madame Tussauds
- Madame Tussauds, the interactive museum of wax sculptures and one of London’s biggest tourist attractions with 22 branches across the world, is set to open its 23rd at the landmark Regal Cinema in Delhi’s Connaught Place.
- Typically, Madame Tussauds showcases local and global celebrities in a ratio of 4:6. However, this ratio has been reversed in India, keeping in mind the preferences and trends in the market here.
- The U.K.-based company plans to showcase Indian culture via a “different form of entertainment”.
- Over 50 wax figures of celebrated personalities from the worlds of sport, music, history, film and TV, will be seen at the Madame Tussauds in Delhi.
- Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan, Mahatma Gandhi, Hollywood superstar Jackie Chan, cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar and pop icon Lady Gaga are among the host of personalities whose wax figures will be installed.