India sanctions $100 million for Kenya
- India announced $ 100 million Line of Credit for Kenya’s agricultural mechanisation.
- The announcement followed talks between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Kenyan President Uhuru Kenyatta during which they agreed to deepen economic cooperation and expand trade.
- Long-term arrangement with Kenya for production and import of pulses is being explored and discussed.
- Modi identified challenges in the maritime domain as a shared concern and added that the two sides will explore opportunities in blue economy.
- Some areas of priority would be hydrography, communication networks, antipiracy, capacity building, exchanges & defence medical cooperation.
- The two sides will encourage industry and businesses in both countries to take lead in exploiting opportunities in healthcare, tourism, information technology, agriculture, blue economy and energy.