ECI Apps launched ahead of assembly polls
- The Election Commission (EC) has launched a new integrated mobile application in its push for greater transparency and voter engagement.
- With a simplified interface, the app suite called ‘ECI Apps’ provides all the key information regarding electioneering, polling day and voter facilitation.
- This official ECI Apps Suite aims to integrate, organize and streamline all the ECI web and mobile apps and utilities under a single mobile application.
- This is a step forward in the Election Commission’s aim to bring in more transparency in the polling process.
- But what is interesting is it is not just for voters but also provides information for polling officials, political parties etc.
- The app “provides information on all aspects of election management (including) complaint submission, finding polling station, searching name in Electoral roll, online voter slip , list of contesting candidates and their details, affidavits , past elections data in respect of AC (assembly constituency), winning margin etc.”
- ECI Apps suite has 3 broad key functions - provide all the commonly used functionalities within the app, act as a store for various other apps which can be installed & uninstalled through suite and act as channel of communication proactively pushing relevant information to the various stakeholders.