PM announces task force for next three Olympics [Sports]
- With India getting only two medals in the Rio Olympics, Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced the decision to set up a task force to prepare a comprehensive action plan for effective participation in the next three Olympics.
- The task force comprising experts will be set up in the next few days.
- The task force will prepare overall strategy for sports facility, training, selection procedure and other related matters.
- The next Olympic Games will be held in Tokyo in 2020.
- The decision to set up the task force comes against the backdrop of India’s dismal performance in Rio, as the country won only one silver and one bronze even after sending its biggest contingent of 118 athletes.
- India finished 67th in the medal tally.