Chinese troops are active on Uttarakhand border: Rawat [Security]
- Stating that Chinese troops were “active” in the Bara Hoti area of Chamoli district, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat confi rmed that the People’s Liberation Army (PLA) had transgressed the area earlier this month.
- The transgression came to light when Chamoli district offi cials had gone to Bara Hoti on to collect data on land holdings. They noticed Chinese troops on the ground while an attack helicopter even hovered over the area for fi ve minutes before returning to their side.
- The PLA troops told the Indian offi cials to go back as the area belonged to them. They told the Indian team that they recognise the area as ‘Wu-Je.’
- The PLA troops, however, did not cross the canal in Bara Hoti that has become the unoffi cial demarcation line between India and China.
- Only if the Chinese enter our borders it will be called an intrusion.
- This is not the fi rst time Chinese activity has been noticed along the 350-km Sino- India border.