Preliminary Examination consists of two papers with objective type questions. Both the papers GS (Paper -1) and CSAT (Paper- 2) carry 200 marks each. Both are qualifying in nature and carry negative marking
General Studies Syllabus (Paper I):
- Current events of National and International importance
- History of India and Indian National Movement
- Indian and World Geography – Physical, Social and Economic Geography of India and World
- Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Right issues etc.
- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives etc.
- General Issues on Environmental Ecology, Biodiversity, and Climate change.
- General science.
CSAT Syllabus (Paper II):
- Comprehension & Interpersonal skills
- Logical Reasoning & Analytical ability
- Decision Making and Problem Solving
- General Mental Ability
- Basic Numeracy
- Data Interpretation
- English Comprehension Skills
Chanakya IAS Academy houses a panel of experts who help students master all the concepts using interactive learning technique. Each student receives individual attention, consequently they have unrivalled command over the subjects.
Chanakya’s Prelims Programme is a 3-month course, wherein the given syllabus is covered thoroughly with a focus on conceptual clarity, accurate facts, figures and memory techniques.
Get a Free Counselling Session