Give development vision for 15 years, PM tells NITI Aayog [Governance]
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi said the time for incremental change was over and the requirement was for transformational change.
- The niyat (intentions) of policymakers is even more important than the niti (policies) itself.
- The Prime Minister asked the Aayog to create a vision document and road map for India’s development for the next 15 years.
- Pointing out that historically, Indian policymakers had tended to lament the country’s constraints rather than play to its strengths, he said judicious and intelligent application of India’s natural resources and human resources would be at the heart of this change.
- Land, the country’s mineral wealth, and vast untapped solar energy potential and India had made sub-optimal use so far of its vast coastline.
- Focussed skill development is vital, as India has the potential to fulfi l the global requirement of human resources in the future.
- He also stressed on the need to develop India’s tourism potential. Partnerships with States for promoting development and boosting exports were need of hour.