Paper I -GENERAL STUDIES
Duration: Two hours
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography - Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance - Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development - Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change - that do not require subject specialisation General Science.
Note 1: The questions in both Paper-I will be of multiple choice, objective type for 200 marks each and the time allotted for each paper is two hours.
Note 2: It is mandatory for the candidate to appear in both the papers of Civil Services (Prelim) examination for the purpose of evaluation. Therefore, a candidate will be disqualified in case he or she does not appear in both the papers of the (Prelims) exam.