IAS 2019 Exam Pattern
IAS 2019 is one of the most sought after post offered through UPSC CSE 2019. This exam is conducted to recruit candidates to a number of posts offered by UPSC or Union Public Service Commission namely IAS, IPS, IRS, IFS etc. Considered as one of the most coveted Government exams conducted in the country, clearing IAS Exam is like a dream for every Government Job Aspirant. UPSC CSE Exam is considered one of the most difficult exams conducted in the country but with proper guidance and preparation it is easy to scale this exam. Majority of candidates who start their preparation for the exam do so with the zeal of becoming an IAS Officer. Let’s have a look at the details of this examination.
IAS Exam Date 2019
|Release of Official Notification||19th February 2019|
|Online Application Starts||19th February 2019|
|Online Application Ends||18th March 2019|
|Admit Card Release Date||4th Week of May|
|Prelims Exam date||2nd June 2019|
|Result Date (Prelims)||12th July 2019|
|Mains Exam Registration Starts||1st August 2019|
|Mains Exam Admit Card Release||Last week of August|
|Mains Exam Date||20th to 29th September 2019|
|Mains Exam Result||3rd week of December|
|Interview Date||3rd Week of Feb|
|Final Result||4th Week of April|
UPSC has recently released the detailed schedule of UPSC CSE 2019 Mains Exam. Candidates can check the Official Schedule of UPSC IAS Mains Exam from the link below. Check UPSC CSE 2019 Mains Schedule
IAS Exam Notification 2019
The Official IAS Exam Notification 2019 was released on 19th February 2019. The Online Application started right after the release of Official Notification. The Apply Online link closed on 18th March 2019. All the details pertaining to the exam was discussed in the Online Notification. Candidates can get access to the IAS Exam Notification 2019 by clicking on the link given below.
IAS Exam Online Registration 2019
The registration process for Mains Exam is going to start. The dates for the same has been confirmed by UPSC, i.e. 1st of August, 2019. All candidates who qualified the Prelims exam must register for the Mains Exam in order to receive Call Letter for the same. Candidates will be able to register for the Mains Exam from the link mentioned below that will be activated once the Registration Process is started by UPSC.Click to register for IAS Mains Exam
IAS 2019 Eligibility
To appear for IAS Exam 2019, a candidate must fulfill the mentioned eligibility criteria as underlined by Union Public Service Commission.
Nationality: For the post of IAS & IPS, a candidate must be a citizen of India. For all other posts, A candidate must be:
- A citizen of India
- Citizen of India
- Subject of Nepal
- Subject of Bhutan
- Tibetan refugee who came to India before January 1, 1962, to settle permanently.
- An Indian origin migrant from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam who came to permanently settle in India.
Educational Qualification: A candidate must be a Graduate or must hold the equivalent qualification from a recognized university to be eligible for IAS Exam 2019.
Age Limit: A candidate must be minimum 21 years of age and must not exceed 32 years age limit as on August 1, 2019. Candidates belonging to reserved categories are granted relaxation in their age limit. Let’s have a look at the same.
|Defense Services Personnel disabled in operations during hostilities||3 years|
|ECOs/SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment of five years of Military Service||5 years|
|PwD candidates||10 years|
|Domiciles of Jammu and Kashmir from January 1, 1980, to December 31, 1989||5 years|
IAS 2019 Pattern
UPSC will be conducting CSE IAS 2019 in three different stages
- Preliminary Exam
- Mains Exam
- Interview Process
Preliminary Exam: This exam will be conducted in Offline Mode and the medium of the exam in which it will be conducted will be Bilingual (i.e. both English & Hindi). Two Papers will be asked in the Preliminary Phase of Examination: General Studies (Paper I) & General Studies (Paper II). The cumulative score of both these papers will be around 400 and candidates have to score a minimum of 33% marks to qualify for the Mains Exam.
Mains Exam: This exam will constitute of 9 papers in total, 2 language papers and 7 other papers that will be general studies paper and optional papers. Questions asked will be descriptive answer type and will be provided in both English & Hindi, except for the language papers.
Click to check detailed UPSC CSE IAS 2019 Exam Pattern (link to Exam Pattern Page)
IAS 2019 Syllabus
As the paper will be conducted in three different stages, the requirement & syllabus for Written Exams will be different. Let’s have a look at the Syllabus for Preliminary & Mains Exam to give you a jist of topics to prepare for the upcoming UPSC IAS Exam 2019
Preliminary Exam Syllabus
Syllabus of Paper 1 – General Studies (200 Marks) 2 hours of duration
- Current events of national and international importance
- History of India and Indian National Movement
- Indian and World Geography - Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World
- Indian Polity and Governance - Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
Mains Exam Syllabus
General Studies- I: Indian Heritage and Culture, History and Geography of the World and Society.
- Indian culture will cover the salient aspects of Art Forms, Literature and Architecture from ancient to modern times.
- Modern Indian history from about the middle of the eighteenth century until the present- significant events, personalities, issues
- The Freedom Struggle - its various stages and important contributors /contributions from different parts of the country.
- Post-independence consolidation and reorganization within the country.
- History of the world will include events from 18th century such as industrial revolution, world wars, redrawal of national boundaries, colonization, decolonization, political philosophies like communism, capitalism, socialism etc.- their forms and effect on the society.
IAS 2019 Admit Card
The Admit Card for Mains Exam is expected in the last week of August 2019. Candidates will be able to download IAS Admit Card 2019 from mains exam from the link given below. The Mains Exam is scheduled from 20th September 2019.