NATIONAL DIGIITAL LIBRARY OF INDIA
Ministry of Human Resource Development under its National Mission on Education through Information and Communication Technology has initiated the National Digital Library (NDL) project to develop a framework of virtual repository of learning resources with a single-window search facility. It is being developed at IIT Kharagpur.
Educational materials are available for users ranging from primary to post-graduate levels.
· NDL has been designed to benefit all kinds of users like students (of all levels), teachers, researchers, librarians, library users, professionals, differently abled users and all other lifelong learners.
· Information can be personalized based on the education level, choice of language, difficulty level, media of content and such other factors. This is thus like a ‘customised service’ provided in a 24×7 integrated environment where learners can find out the right resource with least effort and in minimum time.
· Repository hosts contents from multiple subject domains like Technology, Science, Humanities, Agriculture and others.
· More than 60 types of learning resources are available – books, articles, manuscripts, video lectures, thesis, etc.
· Items are available in more than 70 languages.
· Repository integrates contents from different Indian Institutional Repositories.
MOBILISE YOUR CITY
India and France have signed an implementation agreement on “MOBILISE YOUR CITY” (MYC).
1- Mobilise Your City (MYC) is part of an international initiative which is supported by the French and the German Governments and was launched at 21st Conference of Parties (COP21) meeting in December, 2015.
2- The MYC aims at supporting three pilot cities viz. Nagpur, Kochi and Ahmedabad in their efforts to reduce their Green House Gas (GHG) emissions related to urban transport by implementing urban mobility plans at local level and to help India at national level to improve their sustainable transport policy.
3- The main components of the proposed assistance are:
o To support planning and implementation of sustainable urban transport projects,
o Support to strengthening institutional capacity for regulating, steering and planning urban mobility, and
o Learning and exchange formats with other cities across India for exchanges on best practices.
MOBILISE YOUR CITY
i- The MYC Partnership is a global and inclusive network of cities and countries as well as an umbrella brand of European development cooperation particularly related to the field of sustainable urban transport.
ii- Besides contribution to the international climate process, it contributes to the UN’s Agenda 2030, specifically Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 11: Make cities inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable.