POCSO ACT: CHILD PORNOGRAPHY GETS A NEW “DEFINITION”07/12/2019
MULTIDIMENSIONAL POVERTY HALVED IN PAST 10 YEARS IN INDIA: UN07/13/2019
The Jal Shakti Abhiyan, launched by the Union Jal Shakti Minister has begun from 1st July, 2019.
- The Jal Shakti Abhiyan is a campaign for water conservation and water security in the country.
- The campaign will run through citizen participation in two phases, firstly, during the monsoon season, from 1st July, 2019 to 15th September, 2019 and then from 1st October, 2019 to 30th November, 2019 for states receiving the North East retreating monsoons.
- It is a collaborative effort of various ministries of the Government of India and state governments, being coordinated by the Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation (DDWS) that comes under the Jal Shakti Ministry.
- The focus of the campaign is on water stressed districts and blocks. The teams of officers from the central government will visit and work with district administration in 1592 water stressed blocks in 256 districts, to ensure five important water conservation interventions.
- The five important water conservation interventions are :
- Water conservation and rainwater harvesting,
- Renovation of traditional and other water bodies/tanks,
- Reuse of water and recharging of structures,
- Watershed development and
- Intensive afforestation.
- The water conservation interventions will also be supplemented with special interventions including the development of block and district water conservation plans, promotion of efficient water use for irrigation and better choice of crops through Krishi Vigyan Kendras.