Soldiers' beheading 'dastardly and inhuman act': India to Pakistan
Indian Army’s Director General of Military Operations (DGMO) expressed grave concern in a weekly conversation with his Pakistani counterpart over the incident in which two Indian soldiers were killed and mutilated by the Pakistan army near the Line of Control(LoC).
A joint petrol team of the Army and the BSF was ambushed by Border Action Team(BAT), 200 meters inside the Indian side of the Line of control(LoC). Two jawans were killed and their bodies were mutilated.
The Pakistan’s Army post located in the vicinity provided full fire support to the incident
Concerns raised by Indian Army’s Director General of Military Operations (DGMO):
- Presence of border action team(BAT) training camps in the close vicinity of the Line of Control(LoC) in Pakistan occupied Kashmir(PoK)
- He termed the beheading of soldiers as a dastardly and inhuman act
- The act lags all norms of civility and should be condemned unequivocally
- Pakistan has even scattered terrorists in small groups along the Line of Control(LoC) with an aim to carry out attacks on Indian forces
Response to the act by India:
- Indian forces are prepared to give a befitting reply to the attack, but the response will be at the time and place chosen by the army
- The Indian army has even redeployed and reshuffled its troops to tackle any new threat in the valley.
- Forces stationed north of the Pir Panjal range will be deployed south of Pir Panjal range to stop infiltration attempts by terrorists
- The army has also reshuffled and redeployed the three-tier counter infiltration grid deployed in the Kashmir valley and along the Line of control(LoC)
Militant camps across the Line of Control(LoC):
- Camps of Pakistan backed terrorist groups have come across the line of control in Pakistan occupied Kashmir(PoK)
- Intelligence reports have suggested that at least 20 new camps have come up in recently
- All these camps are active and 60 infiltration attempts were made in the first four months of 2017 in which 15 terrorists managed to enter J&K
- The terrorists active in the valley have been instructed by their Pakistani handlers to intensify attacks on security forces in Jammu and Kashmir