UAE Army likely to march on Rajpath, NSG to make debut
- Soldiers of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) are likely to march down Rajpath during the Republic Day parade this year, during which the chief guest will be Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi.
- Commandos of the elite National Security Guard (NSG) will also make their debut showcasing their anti-terror, anti-hijacking and special operations capabilities.
- The French Army created history last year by being the first foreign force to take part in Republic Day parade which showcases the military might and cultural diversity of the Indian republic.
- UAE is considered to be one of the closest allies of Pakistan. But there has been increased engagement between India and UAE over the last two years.
- The Crown Prince had earlier visited India in February last year following Mr. Modi’s visit in August 2015.
- NSG commandos have traditionally been a regular sight at the RD parade providing security. This time they are all set to enthral the crowd in their trademark black uniform.
- However, the Army’s Para Special Forces, which were part of the parade on earlier occasions, are not taking part this year.