Mizoram takes rapid preventive steps to check outbreak of Japanese encephalitis [Health]
- The Mizoram government has taken preventive measures to thwart the outbreak of Japanese encephalitis following reports of the disease in neighbouring Mnaipur.
- Aizawl Civil hospital was designated as sentinel site hospital. Necessary equipments and trained health workers have been posted in the hospital.
- Anti-larval spray is being done in and around residential houses along with animal rearing areas.
- There has been no report of any Japanese encephalitis case in Mizoram so far. Japanese encephalitis has claimed two lives in Manipur last week while over 25 persons were hospitalised.
- Japanese encephalitis is spread by mosquito & leads to infl ammation of brain.